Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ten Cents

This is a note I sent to my TEAM on 9/28.  Funny, it's been a long time since I was a part of a team.  It’s pretty cool.  Anyway, I wanted to share the note with all of you, my support team!  Thank you

Good Morning Everyone,
I sure hope you are all feeling awesome and are excited about our upcoming event.  When we arrive in San Francisco we are going to glow with pride and passion. We will have determination just as if we had fire under our feet.

I know this because of the many emails I've received.  Thank you for sharing your stories with me. Many of you have also endured challenges and I'm with you.  

Thank you for being a part of Team In Training, for being a part of helping others one step at a time. This is such a good step in the healing process of my loss and I'm sure not only for me.

My goal is  to continue to run/walk/ride/swim - whatever it takes-  to give people affected with blood cancer the ability to have excellent days while they progress in their healing process.   You, like me, have the power within to run 26.2. 

Not sure how many of you are 'new' as I am to this adventure.  For me this has been an exhilarating experience and I'm looking forward to many more. But first I am really looking forward to getting over the finish line of this upcoming trek.

So..... most of you did 20 miles yesterday!  YAY.  Good for you. 

My report, I am proud to say, is that eight days after my bicycle accident I was able to run/walk 17 miles.  I actually ended up getting 30 miles in this past week. And after a 23 day break, I am thrilled. 

Like I said before, feeling my feet hit the pavement, hearing the wind in my ears and feeling the sweat roll down my face, makes for one awesome day.

Before leaving the house I talked to Bill out loud in my house, I just know he was with me.  My hip was almost totally pain free and still is this morning which is amazing because it was pretty bad most of the week after the bike fall.  My left leg ached a little but I stopped often to stretch. (Tomorrow is therapy day; Today to the pool I go!)

I want to tell you about another kind person.  It's so important in my life to recognize even the littlest things to be thankful for. 

I stopped at a gas station to use the bathroom and buy water. The clerk said, “$1.10.”
I handed her two dollars and said,  “Keep the change, I don't need it in my pocket." 
She said, "Pay me next time." 

You know, things that like make such a difference.  It was only ten cents but to me it was worth a world of thanks and gratitude. 

Enjoy your week ahead, look and listen to the world around you.  See the simple things in life, experience little acts of kindness and give thanks.  Then, when opportunity knocks, pay it forward.

Run, Forest, run....
Have a great day

1 comment:

Success is Closer Than You Think said...

You are truly an inspiration. We all should take notice of your love, commitment and dedication.