Sunday, January 16, 2011

Excuses Lost January 15, 2011

Excuses Lost

Saturday January 15, 2011


For the last few days I pumped myself up for the warmer temps to arrive on the weekend and most of next week. We had a cold snap here in the south and just before that cold hit I finally began running again. During the very cold days I choose not to run, but I knew Saturday was going to be warmer and I was ready.

That was until I woke up. Although, still determined to run at some point, I had one excuse after another of why I should just wait until the next day.

This is how those thoughts played out in my mind;

Ugh, I slept in until nearly 8:00 a.m,
Well, I deserved it, I worked all day and night

I need to figure out my day, will I have time to run, I really need my hair done. Hmm, my body really hurts today, I wonder why?
Probably because you haven’t been running, it’s screaming for movement. Take a hot Epsom Salt bath before going, your muscles will be all warmed up.

Maybe I should wait until after ten, then I can call and make my hair appointment before going out.
You bring your phone with you anyway, call for your appointment on a walk break.

Okay, finally ready. Ohhhhh, am I going to be too cold or too hot, I don’t like running in the cold I can’t breathe good enough.
Just get out the door and go, give yourself ten minutes to warm up.

Out, YES!

Start off walking, take it slow. Oh no, I really don’t have to go to the bathroom already, I’m only two houses away.
You think too much. Don’t you want to wear a black dress one day in a little size?
Get your butt movin!.

And so I did.

That was a true scenario of thoughts before I finally set foot out the door for a morning run. The stronger side won. It could have gone the other way, had I given in, to the excuses, which were very good ones I might add.

Often times, excuses are used too freely and accepted too willingly.

Our minds are incredible.
Let success begin, one day at a time, by putting one thought in front of the other.

Have a great day!
Love, Me!

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

You need to blog more. Love you!